The High School Diploma Program is designed for students with varying educational needs. Classes are completed at the student's own pace. Prerequisite: Students must take a Reading and Math assessment prior to enrollment.
Academic Instruction is a competency-based adult high school diploma program that provides opportunities for high school students to make up credits and for adult students to earn a high school diploma, prepare for the GED certificate, and enhance academic skills needed for vocational training.
We offer rigorous academic curriculum:
1. Thirty-three"a-g" approved courses:
- Core courses approved by the University of California to satisfy UC subject requirements for freshman admission.
2. Academic courses equivalent to LAUSD secondary courses:
- Instruction and assessment are personalized, based on each student's abilities, interests, and goals.
- Open enrollment allows for entry into the program at any time.
- Self-paced learning occurs in Individualized Instruction Centers or through whole-group instruction.
Individualized Instruction Lab Courses
High School diploma courses offered through individualized instruction are listed below.
- Algebra/1A & 1B
- Biology/Life Science / 1 & 2
- Contemporary Composition
- English 1
- English 2
- English 3
- English 4
- Expository Composition
- Fine Arts/Visual
- Geometry 1A & 1B
- HiSET Test Preparation
- Integrated Science/ 1,2, 3,&4
- Life Skills
- Parent Education
- U.S Government
- U.S History/1
- U.S History/2
- World History/1
- World History/2