Counseling » Transcripts & Document Requests

Transcripts & Document Requests

An official copy of your high school transcripts can be requested online.  Please follow these instructions to request transcripts.
First, contact your former school to check if your records are maintained at the school.  If the records were transferred to the Student Records Center and you left school before 1990, ask the school clerk for your Record or Index Number.  This number is required in order to process the request.  Your request may be delayed if your Record or Index Number is missing.  Please note that most LAUSD schools close in early June and will not be available to provide your Record or Index Number until the beginning of the next school year in August.
The following schools do not use Record or Index Numbers:
  • Jefferson High School
  • Jordan High School
  • Locke High School
  • Van Nuys High School
Second, submit your online request through the order tab on the LAUSD website,  Once your request is submitted, you will be able to track the status of your request online.
  • Credit/debit cards and e-cards are acceptable for online requests.
  • Transcripts are mailed via regular United States Postal Service
  • Please allow approximately 20-30 business days for processing from the date your request is received by the Student Records Center.  Requests are processed on a first-come first-served basis.



Did you leave school before 1990?

Obtain records or Index Number from last high school attended before requesting your transcript.  Records before 1990 are microfilmed and take longer to process.

Where do I find my records?

Student records are generally maintained at the last school of attendance for a period of five years.  Check first with your school if they have your records before contacting Student Records Center.  For Adult Schools or AEWC records, contact Division of Adult and Career Education (213) 241-3150.